Monday, October 10, 2011

A New Senshi: Chapter 8.3 - This Is A Shop?

Once they’d left Toshiro back at Orihime’s with Rangiku, Renji brought Natalie and Edward back to Urahara’s. It looked like just some little hole in the wall. When they walked in a little boy and girl were cleaning up under the supervision of big muscle bound looking brute of a man.
“Kisuke! The free loader’s back and he’s brought friends with him!” The little boy yelled.
“Jinta, there’s no need to yell,” said the little girl in a meek quiet voice.
“Shut up Ururu!” he said, grabbing the girl and giving her a noogie.
“Now now you two, enough of that,” said a tall man as he walked out of a back room. He looked like quite a character with his plat formed sandals, cane, and green and white striped hat. There was a black cat following him.
“Sorry Urahara, Captain Hitsugaya told me to bring these two here. The girl’s name is Natalie and the guy is Edward,” Renji said.
Kisuke sighed a bit. “It’s alright,” he said as he walked up to Natalie. He put his cane under her chin and lifted her head up a little to get a better look at her. “Interesting, Toshiro was smart to send them here. This one will attract a lot of attention otherwise. Tessai…”
“Yes sir?” responded the brute looking man.
“Prepare a place for our guests.”
“Oh great, more freeloaders,” Jinta muttered just as Tessai grabbed him to make certain he helped him. Ururu followed close behind them.
Kisuke then turned his attention to Edward. “You’re a strange one; I don’t recognize your spiritual pressure. You’re not like your girlfriend here.”
Natalie and Edward both blushed. That was the first time someone had made that reference since they’d finally established how they felt about each other. Kisuke couldn’t help but to chuckle at their reaction. Oh to be young again.
“We’re sorry to impose on you like this Urahara-san,” Natalie started.
“Please, just call me Kisuke. There’s no need to be so formal,” he said waving his hand idly. “Besides, it’s not every day we have someone like you as a guest.”
“You mean a ferryman?”
Kisuke nodded. “Indeed. Please, come with me.”
Natalie, Edward, Renji, and black cat followed Kisuke into a back room. There was a short table surrounded by cushions. He motioned for them to have a seat. Ururu came into the room with tea and placed it on the table.
“Now then, I’m sure you’ve answered this already but I’m curious myself. What brings a ferryman out of the world between worlds? And to have such an intriguing companion, curious,” Kisuke said, pouring himself a cup of tea.
Natalie took a deep breath getting ready to explain this again. “As I told Captain Hitsugaya and Assistant Captain Abarai, I’m not exactly this ferryman you’re thinking I am though it is something that I’ve been called before so I am at least familiar with whom this person is supposed to be. I’m more of a traveler of worlds and Edward is my partner and on a search for things he might be able to use with his alchemy.”
“Alchemy? So that explains his curious spiritual pressure.”
“You’ve heard of alchemy?” Edward asked.
Kisuke chuckled. “Of course I have young man. I used to be in charge of Research and Development for the Soul Society so I’ve had occasion to look into all sorts of things.”
This made Edward’s face light up. “Then you could…”
“I didn’t say I would help you just that I know of what your abilities are nothing more. Anything you might pick up while you’re here, well that’s up to you.”
“Cryptic as always Kisuke,” said the cat.
Edward’s jaw dropped. “Did that cat just talk?”
Natalie couldn’t help but to chuckle. With everything else she had forgotten to warn Edward about her. “I was wondering when you’d chime in Ms. Yuroichi.”
Yuroichi stood up and stretched. “So you know of my true self?”
Natalie nodded. “I do.”
“You really are intriguing,” Yuroichi said with a chuckle. “I suppose then it would be safe for me to show your young friend.” Yuroichi walked away from the table and in a cloud of smoke became a dark skinned woman. Edward gaped for a moment since when she changed she was naked. He quickly turned away from her.
“You reacted the same way Ichigo did when he found out,” Natalie said laughing.
“Ah so you know young Kurosaki then?” Kisuke asked.
Natalie shook her head. “Not personally, but I know of him.”
Kisuke took a sip of his tea and looked at her. Yuroichi, now clothed, sat down beside him. “You seem to know an awful lot about us even though you’re not from this world.”
Natalie looked a bit embarrassed and rubbed the back of her neck. “Yeah, about that… Where I come from I’m able to read about you and watch your stories on television. It’s not always 100% accurate but it gives me enough to go on usually.”
Kisuke laughed. “The wonders of dimensional travel, truly a spectacular thing they are.”
Natalie just shrugged. “My world isn’t anything as exciting as the worlds I’ve seen.” Natalie couldn’t help but to yawn. “Sorry, it’s been a long day.”
“It’s alright, why don’t you and Edward rest. We can talk more later,” Kisuke said as Tessai came back into the room. “Tessai will show you the way.”
“Thank you again Kisuke,” Natalie said with a smile as both her and Edward got up then followed Tessai out of the room.
Kisuke looked at Yuroichi and Renji. “We’ll need to keep a close eye on those two. I don’t want Aizen getting wind of them being here.”
“I agree. I can sense the immense spiritual pressure from that girl and the boy, well his isn’t exactly small either. Their powers in Aizen’s hands would be devastating to us,” said Yuroichi.
“Renji, I want you to train with those two,” Kisuke said as he got up from the table. “Use the training grounds below the shop.”
“Why me?” Renji asked looking rather put out by the request.
“Because you need to do something to earn your keep around here.”
“But why train with them?”
“I need to see exactly what they can do. The more we know about them the better we’ll be able to protect them. We may even be able use them if the need should arise.”
Renji sighed. “Fine but don’t blame me if they accidently die.”
“You’ll let no such thing happen Abarai,” Yuroichi said, eyeing Renji. “You’ll deal with me if that happens.”
A wash of panic went over Renji’s face. “Yes ma’am.”
“Good, now that that’s settled…” Kisuke retreated to another room. There were still many things to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment